Thursday, August 7, 2008

ONE MORE LEAF FROM MY DIARY........

Why do I get this dream very often? The dream IS indeed very scary! In the examination hall, it was too dark and I was too sleepy to write anything. I could not even hold a pen. I tried hard to keep my eyes open. How much ever I tried to keep my eyes open, more I was sleepy. Suddenly out of nowhere, a fierce tiger jumped towards me. I shrieked with fear but no sound came out. When I tried to run, I could not move my legs, which were stuck to the floor. And I was too sleepy for anything.
There was this incident which I would never forget:
It was my final examination. I had nearly 1 ½ months of holidays for preparing for these exams. I made a time-table to study. There was no recess or entertainment time in my schedule. I studied my lessons religiously.
The first exam was Economics. On the D-day myself and Shama, my best friend got the same hall, my other best friend Sujatha got another hall, next to ours. In our hall, we searched for our roll numbers and took our places. My place was at one corner, Shama’s at the other end. But we could see each other.
The invigilator came and distributed the question paper to all.
I read the question paper, there were 10 questions. It was said to write any 5 of them.
When I glanced towards the questions, I started sweating. Beads of perspiration adorned my forehead. And my hands started trembling, because the questions were unfamiliar to me. I felt that I had never even read this. I thought that these questions were not from my syllabus. My eyes started brimming with the tears. But before they fall on my paper I wiped them off. I looked around. Everybody was busy writing. And Shama, she was also writing with immense concentration.
I looked down and again I read my questions and I thought I would write. But what to write? I should know something but in reality I knew nothing. I wasted my precious time for about 10 to 15 minutes. I made up mind to get out of the exam hall and I would write the supplementary exam in October.
Thinking so I closed my pen, folded the question paper and got up. Then my friend Shama looked at me and asked what happened. I gestured to her that I am going and I do not know anything. She told me to sit down and write whatever comes in my mind. And she threatened me that otherwise she would not talk to me.
I sat down, opened the question paper. I tried to recollect what I’d studied, but I did not know a single answer. With this I lost almost ½ an hour. I tried to scribble on the sheet, I wrote and wrote and wrote, never stopped till the last bell rang.
After the exam I thanked Shama for stopping me from leaving the hall.
When I got the final result I had passed in all the papers and, guess what, I’d got the highest marks in Economics. I feel the credit should go to Shama. If she had not threatened me, I would not have written, yet alone passed my exam in the first attempt.
But the fear of exam is still runs in my nerves, veins. Even today I get this scary dream even after completing my graduation many years back.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3 comments:

Dhinu! said...

Hmm... just came across your blog, seemed like a composition that i wrote in my skool days., its just that, to the end of it, I wrote, Mom shook me up to wake up early morning and i thanked god for it being only a dream and not reality,

Kudos to you anyways,

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dhinu! said...

Hey.., I'm happy that i've in a way inspired you a little.. :-)

Let the thoughts of your mind flow, ain't it great having comments from strangers ??